Sunday, July 4, 2010

Left Foot Forward

You can't teach people to be lazy - either they have it, or they don't.
-Dagwood Bumstead.

Its that time of the year again. Summer vacations. All through the latter half of the semester and especially during the exams, I spent many waking hours in my favourite position, lying on the bed with a textbook in my hand, day-dreaming and making many elaborate plans for the summer vacation. During the exams I ticked each day off and understood Einstein's celebrated theory of relativity much better than any professor could have taught me. Finally exams ended and I had two and a half months time to do all the nothing I wanted to do.
I have three weeks left now and I assure you, other than following the football world cup, none of the plans carefully drafted in my head when I should have been learning why a microprocessor never does what its asked to do, have materialized. I have spent most of my time not being awake and in the small slice left over I have managed to watch football, play football ( on the computer of course ) and pretend to work on a decorated project. Its been an uneventful vacation. As usual.
While going back to my college I'm sure ill rue all the time I wasted and think of all the things I could have done. It never fails to happen.
My continued discontent at not making my summer vacations productive enough drove me to start this blog. I know it might not be the apex of creative achievement but its atleast a start. And who knows what it might lead to. But its certainly something of a nice toy to an idle literally inclined mind. And a distraction from the drab studying that i'll have to do. Hopefully this blogging thing that I have gotten myself into turns out to be a feel-good factor for me later on :D

1 comment: